.

.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

At Sea

Tod and I spent last week exploring Seattle.  We had a great time, and I would have chronicled our adventures, but the internet connection at the B & B we stayed at (the Mozart Guesthouse, which was otherwise delightful). 
The biggest highlights were two fantastic restaurants. We had an early dinner at  Shaker + Spear one evening after skipping lunch (due to a very late breakfast!). Some good friends took us to the Blackboard Bistro, an amazing tapas-style place in West Seattle.


For me, the highlight of our sightseeing was the Toys of the 50s, 60s and 70s exhibit at MOHAI, which will be there until September 25th, if you are interested and able.  It was a real walk down memory lane, seeing toys I had (and even more toys that I wished I had)!


Saturday morning, we headed to the Seattle cruise terminal, along with the kids and their partners, to board the MS Westerdam for a cruise to Alaska.  Today is our first full day, and we are at sea.  Tomorrow, we will anchor in Juneau.  We don't have any excursions planned, so we'll just explore on our own.


I didn't get much reading done over the past week, but I did finish Jessica Spotswood's latest novel, Wild Swans, which I loved.  I hope to post a review later this week.















No comments:

Post a Comment